Join Us At The ‘Chefs Fire Up the Iron Horse’ Event!
The Chefs de Cuisine and The Campo Railroad Museum are celebrating over 50 years of service to the San Diego community together with The San Diego County Vintners Association.
Gourmet Food Sampling | Wine Tasting | Beer Garden | Silent Auction | Live Music
Saturday, March 24th
12:00PM – 5:00PM
Pacific Southwest Railway Museum / Campo Facility
State Highway 94 & Forrest Gate Road
- $25 per person (purchased prior to event)
- $30 per person (purchased day of event)
- $20 per person for groups of 12 or more!
- Tickets can be purchased online at the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum website
- For more details, call: 619-465-7776
- Must be over 21 to attend
Pamo Valley Winery’s 2nd Annual “Name the Pink” Competition!
Create and name Pamo Valley Winery’s next 2011 pink blend!
It’s easy, creative, and informative, bringing out everyone’s imaginative spirit. This is a great opportunity to deepen your knowledge of wine while having a blast!
The purpose of our “Name the Pink” tasting and competition is to create a traditional rose/blush blend from single varietal wines while bringing people together, having fun and enjoying being a part of the participation of creating and naming Pamo Valley Winery’s next 2011 pink blend!
Swirl, sniff and sip — vote on the top three based on the color, clarity, aroma, flavor intensity of the fruit, weight and finish. Score cards provided.
Monday, February 27th
2:00PM – 6:00PM
Pamo Valley Winery Tasting Room
603 Main Street
Ramona, CA 92065
- 5 tastes for $5 (wine club members)
- 5 tastes for $10 (non members)
NO SIGN UP NEEDED!
Just stop by our tasting room!
A rosé (From French: rosé, also known as rosado in Spanish-speaking countries or rosato in Italy) is a type of wine that has some of the color typical of a red wine, but only enough to turn it pink. The pink color can range from a pale orange to a vivid near-purple, depending on the grapes and wine making techniques.
“Blush” originally referred to a color (pale pink), it now tends to indicate a relatively sweet pink wine, typically with 2.5% residual sugar; in North America dry pink wines are usually marketed as rosé but sometimes as blush. In Europe, almost all pink wines are referred to as rosé regardless of sugar levels, even semi-sweet ones from California.
Ramona Valley Wine Region Magazine – Pass it on!
You Were Ours! (A Valentine’s Day Memory)
Our first Love Passport kicked off last week on Valentine’s Day, and we had such a great time!
Here are some memories of that fun day…
It was so much fun – I loved decorating the place out with tons of candles, red rose petals & red lacy hearts!
All the lights were dimmed and fun, jazzy blues music was streaming in the background.
The first couple arrived at 4:00PM and the last couple left around 8:30PM, with a bunch of couples in between.
Almost everyone was wearing red and black, and everyone was having so much fun!
Our pairing menu included:
- White Wine: Muscat paired with cheesecake and fresh berries (and a drizzle of strawberry sauce)
- Red Wine: Grenache paired with homemade chocolate brownies (and a drizzle of strawberry sauce)
Everyone had such a great time – we even headed up the street and joined our friends at SoCal at the end of the night!
– Jennifer Jenkin
Valentine’s Day at Pamo Valley Winery:
Jennifer J. Jenkin, Tina Lemay, Sally Westbrook
Be Our Valentine!
Valentine’s Day is coming, and we have a special treat for you and your loved ones!
We’ve coupled up with our friends at So Cal Wine to bring you the Love Passport: An evening of wine, appetizers, and chocolates for two!
Your Love Passport is available for use on Tuesday, February 14 (Valentine’s Day!) and includes the following:
- Appetizer and drink for two at So Cal Wine
- A glass of wine and chocolate for two at Pamo Valley Tasting Room
Call us today for more details and to pick up your Love Passport!
- Pamo Valley Tasting Room & So Cal Wine are now accepting reservations between 4PM and 10PM on Tuesday, February 14
- Pamo Valley Tasting Room is located at 603 Main Street in Ramona
- So Cal Wine is located at 360 Main Street in Ramona (across from Sizzler)
- Love Passport is $30.00/per couple
- We accept payment when making your reservation
- Call us today to reserve your spot! (760-271-3090)
Do Wine And Technology Mix?
Chat first published on @wiljr.
Jennifer J. Jenkin is one of those people who you meet once and never forget. Her love for wine and community-building is as infectious as her charm. Jennifer has been invested in the wine business for a very long time and is using technology to help expand her company’s message.
I’ve known Jenn my entire life – she’s my sister. While I am certainly biased, there aren’t many people in this world that can match her drive, devotion, passion, and love for her family – which all come shining through when you walk into the Pamo Valley Tasting Room.
You can find Jenn blogging on her website and on Facebook.
OUR CURRENT HOURS:
Our current normal hours are:
Mon – Thur 2-6pm
Fri – Sat 2-8pm
636 Main Street, Ramona, CA, 92065