Wine Club Members: Your Fall Selection Is Here!
Pamo Valley Winery’s Summer Selection is here!
This Selection includes two wines ready to celebrate the Holidays:
- 2010 Tempranillo “Two”
- 2010 Petite Sirah
Wine Club Members can begin picking up their Summer Selection on Friday, October 26th at our tasting room during normal hours:
- Friday: 2PM – 6PM
- Saturday: 11AM – 6PM
- Sunday: 11AM – 6PM
- Monday: 2PM – 6PM
(Ps: As a Pamo Valley Wine Club Member, don’t forget to take advantage of free tastings on new releases and half-price tastings for all wines!)
We’re looking forward to seeing you!
The following pairings are prepared by S. Elaine Lyttleton, the Chinook Cook.
Pamo Valley Winery 2010 Tempranillo “Two”
Chicken Enchiladas (Serves eight)
- 1: Whole chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 Can: Chopped chilies
- 2 Cans: Cream of chicken soup
- 3 Tbsp: Dried onion
- 2 Tbsp: Chopped garlic
- Pepper to taste
Combine above ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
Spray a 9” x 13” baking pan with cooking spray.
- 14 Small: Fajita size tortillas
- 6 Cups: Jack cheese, grated
- 1 Small Can: Chopped olives
Roll tortillas with chicken mixture, olives and cheese. Save enough cheese for topping.
Heat 1 can creamed chicken soup with 1/2 – 3/4 cup salsa verde and pour over rolled tortillas in pan. Top with reserved cheese.
Heat at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Note: Good use of rotisserie chicken from the market.
2010 Petite Sirah
- 1: Pillsbury ready-made pie crust
- 1/2 Cup: Walnut pesto
- 1 Cup: Feta cheese
- Tomatoes, sliced and/or artichoke hearts, and/or sliced zucchini Kalamata or other Mediterranean olives, sliced or halved
- Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place one Pillsbury ready-made pie crust in a tart pan
- Spread pesto over crust
- Sprinkle with half the feta cheese
- Top with choice of sliced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, zucchini
- Sprinkle the rest of the feta cheese
- Sprinkle olives over all
- Season to takes with Pepper
Bake 20 to 30 minutes until crust is golden. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from tart pan and cutting into wedges.
Wine Pairing: Pamo Valley 2010 Petite Sirah, Hatfield Creek Vineyards
Trivia: Did you know the grape is named Petite Syrah, but when the Federal government approves the label on the wine bottle, they insist the wine be called Petite Sirah?
OUR CURRENT HOURS:
Our current normal hours are:
Mon – Thur 2-6pm
Fri – Sat 2-8pm
636 Main Street, Ramona, CA, 92065