Pamo Valley Winery’s Summer Selection is here!
This Selection includes two wines ready to celebrate the Holidays:
- 2010 Tempranillo “Two”
- 2010 Petite Sirah
Wine Club Members can begin picking up their Summer Selection on Friday, October 26th at our tasting room during normal hours:
- Friday: 2PM – 6PM
- Saturday: 11AM – 6PM
- Sunday: 11AM – 6PM
- Monday: 2PM – 6PM
(Ps: As a Pamo Valley Wine Club Member, don’t forget to take advantage of free tastings on new releases and half-price tastings for all wines!)
We’re looking forward to seeing you!
The following pairings are prepared by S. Elaine Lyttleton, the Chinook Cook.
Pamo Valley Winery 2010 Tempranillo “Two”
Chicken Enchiladas (Serves eight)
- 1: Whole chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 Can: Chopped chilies
- 2 Cans: Cream of chicken soup
- 3 Tbsp: Dried onion
- 2 Tbsp: Chopped garlic
- Pepper to taste
Combine above ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
Spray a 9” x 13” baking pan with cooking spray.
- 14 Small: Fajita size tortillas
- 6 Cups: Jack cheese, grated
- 1 Small Can: Chopped olives
Roll tortillas with chicken mixture, olives and cheese. Save enough cheese for topping.
Heat 1 can creamed chicken soup with 1/2 – 3/4 cup salsa verde and pour over rolled tortillas in pan. Top with reserved cheese.
Heat at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Note: Good use of rotisserie chicken from the market.
2010 Petite Sirah
- 1: Pillsbury ready-made pie crust
- 1/2 Cup: Walnut pesto
- 1 Cup: Feta cheese
- Tomatoes, sliced and/or artichoke hearts, and/or sliced zucchini Kalamata or other Mediterranean olives, sliced or halved
- Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place one Pillsbury ready-made pie crust in a tart pan
- Spread pesto over crust
- Sprinkle with half the feta cheese
- Top with choice of sliced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, zucchini
- Sprinkle the rest of the feta cheese
- Sprinkle olives over all
- Season to takes with Pepper
Bake 20 to 30 minutes until crust is golden. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from tart pan and cutting into wedges.
Wine Pairing: Pamo Valley 2010 Petite Sirah, Hatfield Creek Vineyards
Trivia: Did you know the grape is named Petite Syrah, but when the Federal government approves the label on the wine bottle, they insist the wine be called Petite Sirah?
When you stop by on Mother’s Day for a tasting (or to pick up your favorite bottle of wine), we have a special gift just for you.
All Mom’s who stop in for a tasting or to purchase a bottle of wine on Mother’s Day receive individually wrapped Gerbera flowers, a chocolate truffle, and a taste of champagne.
We’re open on Mother’s Day hours from 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Stop in to see our new expanded tasting room and enjoy the day on our outdoor patio!
Thank you to our Mother’s Day sponsors:
- Gerbera Flowers: Provided by Sun Valley Florist
- Chocolate Truffles: Fudge’N Around
- Champagne: Escalona Cellars
Our first Love Passport kicked off last week on Valentine’s Day, and we had such a great time!
Here are some memories of that fun day…
It was so much fun – I loved decorating the place out with tons of candles, red rose petals & red lacy hearts!
All the lights were dimmed and fun, jazzy blues music was streaming in the background.
The first couple arrived at 4:00PM and the last couple left around 8:30PM, with a bunch of couples in between.
Almost everyone was wearing red and black, and everyone was having so much fun!
Our pairing menu included:
- White Wine: Muscat paired with cheesecake and fresh berries (and a drizzle of strawberry sauce)
- Red Wine: Grenache paired with homemade chocolate brownies (and a drizzle of strawberry sauce)
Everyone had such a great time – we even headed up the street and joined our friends at SoCal at the end of the night!
– Jennifer Jenkin
Valentine’s Day at Pamo Valley Winery:
Jennifer J. Jenkin, Tina Lemay, Sally Westbrook
Valentine’s Day is coming, and we have a special treat for you and your loved ones!
We’ve coupled up with our friends at So Cal Wine to bring you the Love Passport: An evening of wine, appetizers, and chocolates for two!
Your Love Passport is available for use on Tuesday, February 14 (Valentine’s Day!) and includes the following:
- Appetizer and drink for two at So Cal Wine
- A glass of wine and chocolate for two at Pamo Valley Tasting Room
Call us today for more details and to pick up your Love Passport!
- Pamo Valley Tasting Room & So Cal Wine are now accepting reservations between 4PM and 10PM on Tuesday, February 14
- Pamo Valley Tasting Room is located at 603 Main Street in Ramona
- So Cal Wine is located at 360 Main Street in Ramona (across from Sizzler)
- Love Passport is $30.00/per couple
- We accept payment when making your reservation
- Call us today to reserve your spot! (760-271-3090)
OUR CURRENT HOURS:
Our current normal hours are:
Mon – Thur 2-6pm
Fri – Sat 2-8pm
636 Main Street, Ramona, CA, 92065
Tasting Room Hours